Klamath Alerts Terms Of Service
Terms Of Service
Our terms of service covers all areas that we publish content including social media, our website, and our Breaking News service on Mighty Networks.
Mission Statement: Klamath Alerts was founded to provide a way for concerned citizens to be aware of what is happening in near real time.
- Warranty: Klamath Alerts implies and makes no warranty or guarantee with information and news posted. Use of any information we provide is to be used strictly at your own risk.
- Emergency Information: We sometimes provide information on unfolding public safety incidents as they occur. It is possible you could learn of an emergency situation involving a friend or family member or property belonging to you or a family member with our news service.
- Public Emergencies: We report on public emergencies including but not limited to structure fires, wildfires, forest fires, vehicle crashes, road and highway closures, weather events and more as they occur. Some of these incidents involve serious injury or death as it is happening. You agree to hold Klamath Alerts harmless in the event you make any decision or are personally impacted because of the information we report. Remember that any needed evacuation or lockdown orders would be directed by local public safety agencies and they are the best source of “What to do right now” information in emergencies.
- Emergency Alerting: Klamath Alerts should not be used in place of official government warnings and broadcasts. Our service is not provided 24 hours a day and has coverage gaps which are currently unavoidable due to limited staff.
Some information we report on is based on early and unconfirmed details reported to public safety officials. Information reported to police and fire agencies is not always accurate or true.
Klamath Alerts is maintained by a team of four people. On the average day, we monitor all of our sources live for about 15 to 20 hours, 7 days a week. There are times we have gaps in live coverage. However, if a major incident happens while we are not monitoring live we will investigate and update you as soon as possible. Please understand that we currently do not have the resources to eliminate all coverage gaps.
We are here to serve the community and our team donates countless unpaid hours to bring you this service. All of us do this because we enjoy serving you. In exchange, we do not tolerate the following behavior on any of our websites, Social media, or mobile app:
- Comments intended to incite a reaction out of fellow readers.
- Personal attacks against other readers or subscribers.
- Comments that insult other members of our community.
- Comments directed at Klamath Alerts admins or staff to mock or troll us. Our news service is not intended to solicit your opinion or to provide a platform to host arguments.
Violations of our troll policy will result in removal of social media and commenting privileges. It may also result in removal from our Mighty Networks news service.
Please do not post or share any content that you obtain on our subscription service. By doing this you would be bypassing our subscription platform and harm our ability to keep subscription prices low. Our prices are low enough that everyone can have their own access to our app.
Please do not share your login credentials with others to bypass the subscription platform. We rely on subscription revenue to not only maintain the service, but to bring you new services and features in the future.
Violation of this policy may result in the removal from our subscription service without any prior warning. Please feel free to share any of our content that is outside of the paid subscription service.
You agree to not use our app while driving. It is very dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.
Our app is not intended to replace official messages from government agencies. While our news service contains official alerts, we are not currently able to monitor without coverage gaps at the present time. We may delay the posting of emergency information to help protect first responder safety.
Some information broadcast in our network is based on unconfirmed information that is reported or being investigated.
Klamath Alerts reports on life threatening situations that sometimes result in death. If you suffer from PTSD or have any other medical condition that might be aggravated by viewing public safety information in real time, we suggest you consult a medical professional before subscribing to our app.
Commercial Use Of Klamath Alerts App or Breaking News Service:
Any agent or employee of a press organization that is not directly affiliated with Klamath Alerts is forbidden to use or access our subscription based Mighty Networks mobile app for any reason. If you wish to subscribe to our application for news gathering purposes you must obtain a commercial use license from us. This policy will be strictly enforced. Any violation found of this policy will result in an immediate cancellation of your access to our application. Any other commercial use of our application or news service is not allowed without specific approval.
Thank you for your support of Klamath Alerts. We appreciate each and every one of you.