Weather Update: Thanksgiving wind storm on the way.
The above image shows the current wind flow patterns as of 9am Thanksgiving day. You can see the winds from the approaching storm arriving at the coast now. The winds are expected to arrive in our local area later today and into the evening. We may see gusts up to 55mph (or possibly higher in some areas) from this storm. A wind advisory remains active for our area.
Wind Advisory issued November 22 at 3:30AM PST until November 23 at 4:00AM PST by NWS Medford
…GUSTY WINDS EXPECTED THROUGH THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY…
.A series of fronts will pass through the area during the holiday and weekend, producing multiple periods of strong winds. These winds, in combination with rain and snow, will result in hazardous driving conditions during one of the busiest travel times of the year.
…WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 4 AM PST FRIDAY…
* Winds: South to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing: Winds will increase late this morning, reaching a peak in the afternoon and evening.
* Locations include: Newell, Tulelake, Klamath Falls, Bonanza, and portions of highways 97, 140, 39, and 139.
* Impacts: Travel may become difficult especially for lightweight and high profile vehicles. Loose outdoor objects or materials could get blown about. Tree damage and blowing dust are possible.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.