ROSEBURG- Oregon 138E is still closed east of Glide but ODOT and Pacific Power crews are working to reopen the highway from downed trees and power lines.
Several highway closures remain in effect in Coos and Douglas Counties as winter driving conditions continue in southwest Oregon. I-5 drivers in north Douglas County (MP 154) should expect delays due to tree limbs and other debris near the roadway. Currently, there’s a chain requirement for large trucks (10,000 Gross Vehicle Weight) but that will come off as the morning progresses.
Here are the closures for SW Oregon as of 5:15 a.m.:
* U.S. 101 (MP 344) north of Brookings due to a two-foot sunken grade — no detour (crews working to get it open under gravel later today)
* Oregon 42S between Coquille and Bandon due to high water
* Oregon 138 West between Sutherlin and Elkton (MP 11-24) – trees/power lines
* Oregon 38 west of Elkton between MP 29-37 – trees/power lines
* OR 138 East between MP 17 and 60 (just east of Glide to West Toketee) – trees, rock, power lines