A Red Flag Warning Has Been Issued For Our Area Today. Dangerous fire conditions will exist this afternoon with breezy winds and low humidity.
Hot, dry, and breezy conditions are expected across southern Oregon and northern California. Take precautions to not start new wildfires, as they can spread rapidly today. Remember, one less spark means one less wildfire.
Above: Pink areas are under Red Flag Warning Today 2pm to 8pm
Red Flag Warning issued August 01 at 5:19AM PDT until August 01 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS Medford
…RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 624…
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Red Flag Warning… which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 8 PM PDT this evening.
* Impacts: Strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of any new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In South Central OR… Southeastern Fire Weather Zone 624 in Southeastern Klamath County and Southwestern Lake County.
* Wind: Southwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Humidity: 10 to 15 percent.
* Haines Index: 5 to 6 (Moderate to High). Precautionary/preparedness actions…
* A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions will occur shortly.
* Strong wind and low relative humidity could cause any existing or new fires to spread rapidly.
* One less spark, one less wildfire.