Klamath Basin and the Fremont-Winema National Forest-
South Central Oregon Desert including the BLM Land in Eastern Lake
and Western Harney Counties-
913 AM PDT Wed Oct 16 2019
…RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR
STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 624 AND 625…
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Red Flag
Warning…which is in effect until 7 PM PDT this evening.
* Impacts: Strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and high fire
danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and
* Affected area: Mainly the higher terrain of southern Fire
Weather Zone 625 and southeastern Fire Weather Zone 624,
including the Hart and Warner Mountains.
* Wind: Southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Humidity: As low as 12 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at:
Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to
spread very rapidly.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will create
extreme fire growth potential.