…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
* WHAT…Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2
feet possible in the Cascades and 6 to 10 inches in Northern
Klamath county and northwestern Lake counties are possible.
Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE…South Central Oregon Cascades, and Southern Oregon
Cascades, northern Klamath Basin and Northern and Eastern
Klamath County and Western Lake County. This includes all of the
passes over the Cascades, highway 97 north of Chiloquin, and the
cities of Chemult and Crescent.
* WHEN…From Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Strong
winds combining heavy snow at times could cause tree damage and
possible downed power lines.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* Stock emergency kit with tire chains, flashlight, batteries,
blankets, food, water, and medications.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.