Today, OHA released new modeling about the spread of COVID-19 in Oregon.
Here’s what the situation looks like in Oregon now, State Health Officer Dr. Dean Sidelinger told the media today:
- The predicted resurgence in cases following reopening has stabilized. But there are warning signs that tell us cases could spike again. At the same time, case data and modeling indicate transmission has slowed.
- We can reach a point where the virus can’t spread at a sustainable rate – if we all work together.
- Our new modeling report reinforces the uneasy balance of our current situation.
Thank you for all you’re doing to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We all need to continue to:
- Stay physically distant.
- Cover our faces.
- Wash out hands frequently.
- And avoid large gatherings.
- Stay close to home.