A very strong wind storm is forecast Tuesday for our region. Click here to see our original post about this. Forecasters have increased projected winds for this storm for the local Klamath Falls area and power outages and damaging winds now possible locally.
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 7 PM PST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph
* WHERE…In California, Northeast Siskiyou and Northwest Modoc
Counties, including Macdoel, Dorris, Tulelake and Newell. In
Oregon, the Klamath Basin, including Klamath Falls, Chiloquin,
Keno, Merrill, Bonanza and Lorella. This includes Highways 66,
140, 97 and 39.
* WHEN…From 4 AM to 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult to
dangerous, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
* View the hazard area in detail at
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.