The student-athletes will compete in track, football, soccer, and softball
Seven Henley High School scholar-athletes have signed letters of intent to compete at the college level next fall.
The athletes gathered with coaches and family members on Monday (June 13) to participate in a signing ceremony in the school gymnasium.
“I am super proud of the work they put in and excited they get the opportunity to play at the next level,” said Jesse Hamilton, Henley’s athletic director.
Hornet student-athletes who signed to play in college are:
- Malia Mick: Mick will compete for Oregon Tech softball as outfielder. She is majoring in bio health sciences.
- Tulson Higgins: Higgins will compete in football as middle linebacker for the College of the Siskiyous. He plans to study kinesiology.
- Coltin Smith: Smith will compete in football as wide receiver for the College of the Siskiyous. He plans to study business.
- Colby Schols: Schols will compete in football as a linebacker for College of the Siskiyous.
- Eli Hayes: Hayes will compete in track for Lane Community College in Eugene. His events are long jump and triple jump.
- Ryane Mattox: Mattox will compete in soccer in the position of forward for Blue Mountain Community College.
- Madelyn Sharp: Sharp will compete in track for Umpqua Community College. Her event is javelin. She plans to study secondary education.