Klamath County School District’s free summer lunch program now includes a grab and go option.
The district applied for and received a waiver from the Oregon Department of Education to allow meals be eaten off site. Children now may remain on site to eat their lunches or take the lunches home with them. Parents also can pick up lunches for their children.
The program, which runs Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through Aug. 18, provides a sack lunch with milk for children ages 1 to 18.
Times are from 11:30 to noon at the following schools:
- Peterson Elementary, 4856 Clinton Ave.
- Shasta Elementary, 1951 Madison Ave.
- Ferguson Elementary, 2901 Homedale Road
- Stearns Elementary, 3641 Crest St.
- Merrill Elementary, 406 W. Second St., Merrill
- Mazama High School, 3009 Summers Lane
- Brixner Junior High School, 4727 Homedale Road