The NWS in Medford has issued a rare (for this area) wind chill advisory. In some locations there will be a risk of frostbite. Note: Additional areas could be covered by the advisory. The above map covers only the Medford forecast warning area.
Modoc County-South Central Oregon Cascades-
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades-Klamath Basin-
Northern and Eastern Klamath County and Western Lake County-
Central and Eastern Lake County-
Including the cities of Alturas, Davis Creek, Chemult, Lakeview,
New Pine Creek, and Valley Falls
1256 PM PST Sat Jan 28 2023
…WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM SUNDAY TO 9 AM PST
* WHAT…Very cold wind chills as low as 25 degrees below zero
* WHERE…Portions of Klamath, Lake, Modoc, and far eastern
Douglas counties, including Willamette Pass, Crater Lake,
Diamond Lake, Chemult, Valley Falls, Lakeview, Davis Creek,
Alturas, and the Cascades, Warners, and other areas of high
terrain in Lake and Klamath counties.
* WHEN…From 5 PM Sunday to 9 AM PST Monday.
* IMPACTS…The cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed
skin in as little as 30 minutes.
* View the hazard area in detail at
Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a
hat, and gloves.