173rd FW to conduct Memorial Day flyovers in Oregon
KINGSLEY FIELD, Ore. – The 173rd Fighter Wing out of Kingsley Field in Klamath Falls, Oregon will conduct Memorial Day flyovers for ceremonies at locations throughout Oregon.
F-15 Eagle fighter jets are scheduled to conduct flyovers at the following community locations at, or around, the designated times on Monday, May 29,2023.
- 10:15 a.m. Reedsport Cemetery, Reedsport, Ore.
- 10:30 a.m. Gold Beach Veteran’s Memorial, Gold Beach, Ore.
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Park, Klamath Falls, Ore.
- 11:20 a.m. Eagle Point National Cemetery, Eagle Point, Ore.
- 11:40 a.m. Roseburg National Cemetery, Roseburg, Ore.
- 12.00 p.m. Memory Gardens Memorial Park, Medford, Ore.
- 12:00 p.m. Hillcrest Memorial Park, Medford, Ore.
- 12:15 p.m. Riverside Park, Grants Pass, Ore.
All passes will be approximately 1,000 feet above ground level and about 400 mph airspeed. Flights could be cancelled or times changed due to inclement weather or operational contingencies.
The Oregon Air National Guard has been an integral part of the nation’s air defense since 1941. The 173rd FW is home to the sole F-15C pilot training facility for the United States Air Force.
Really unfortunate there will be no fly over in the mid valley (corvallis/albany) area this year. Seeing our fighter jets if even for a couple of seconds is something to be thankful for. God speed.