Oct. 23, 2018 – Salem, Ore. Thanks to the world’s largest lottery jackpot of all time, players in Oregon and across the country are dreaming of a $1.6 billion win!
The drawing is tonight at 7:59 p.m. Players can buy tickets up to 7 p.m.
Mega Millions Fast Facts
- Mega Millions is made up of 46 lotteries (44 states, District of Columbia and U.S. Virgin Islands)
- Across all 46 lotteries taking part in Mega Millions, there were over 12.4 million winning tickets in the Friday, Oct. 19 drawing
- In Oregon alone, there were over 116,000 winning Mega Millions tickets ranging from $10,000 to $2 for the Oct. 19 drawing
- There are two options for players to choose from to take the prize:
- Annuity prize: $1.6 billion jackpot 30-year annuity prize is an average of over $36 million each year (after taxes)
- Cash prize: $1.6 billion jackpot cash prize is over $615 million (after taxes)
- The Oregon Lottery began offering Mega Millions in March 2010
- Oregon has not had a Mega Millions jackpot winner
- There have been seven $1 million prize winners in Oregon
- Since 2010 there have been over $83 million in Mega Millions prizes in Oregon
- The Oregon Lottery’s Friday, Oct. 19 Mega Millions sales of over $3.5 million were the second highest Mega Millions daily sales ever
- The Oregon Lottery’s #1 sales day for Mega Millions of $3.8 million was in March 2012
- Since 2010, Mega Millions has had over $164 million in sales in Oregon
- The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7:59 p.m.