Residential Structure Fire Yesterday In Stewart Lenox Area On Douglas Ave

camp fire

Residential Structure Fire on Douglas Ave 4-11-19

On April 11, 2019 at approx. 1244 pm, Klamath County Fire District No. 1 responded to the report of a structure fire in a home on Douglas Ave. The residence was occupied by a family of five who was home at the time of the fire. The fire was discovered by a family member when they opened a door to a bedroom and found the room filled with smoke and heat. Everyone was able to evacuate the home safely, however several pets did not survive the fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental from an unattended candle.

Klamath County Fire District No. 1 responded with a total of 18 fire personnel from four engines, a Battalion Chief, Division Chief and Fire Marshal. Damage is estimated at $60,000.00. The residents are being assisted by the local Red Cross.

Want to know about incidents like these faster? Consider becoming a subscriber to our breaking news app. For about 3 cents a day you can be alerted to incidents such as these as they happen. This fire incident was covered live in the app yesterday.

We are grateful that everyone was able to escape the fire unharmed. We would like to remind everyone to use safe practices with open flames such as candles. Keep candles at least 1 foot from combustible decorations and curtains. Never burn a candle all the way down- put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container. Never leave open flames unattended and always keep children away from open flames. For more information on candle safety please see the attached flyer from the National Fire Protection Association.  Click the link below for information on candle safety provided by Klamath County Fire District 1.

candlesafetytips

SLfire.jpg

Above: photo of fire scene yesterday provided by KCFD1

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.