Based on the most recent weather forecast information, about 2-4 more inches of snow are possible in the local Klamath Falls area today. Steady snow is expected to change to snow showers later and the majority of the snow in the region should taper off by 6pm.
For more detailed weather updates and briefings along with breaking news updates please consider becoming a subscriber to our breaking news service.
Winter Weather Advisory issued January 16 at 2:48AM PST until January 16 at 4:00PM PST by NWS Medford
…Heavy precip brings lower elevation snow tonight…
.Storm reports and ODOT cameras are suggesting snow levels are crashing down to 1500 feet under some heavy precipitation this evening. Snow will likely continue to accumulate around 1500 feet this morning under the heavy precipitation.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON…
* WHAT… Snow expected. Additional snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE… In California, Northeast Siskiyou and Northwest Modoc Counties and Modoc County. In Oregon, Central and Eastern Lake County. This includes the cities of Klamath Falls, Chiloquin, Chemult, Lakeview, Beatty, Bly, Sprague River, Canby, and Adin. This also includes US Highway 97, OR 140, portions of US 395, and portions of OR 39 and CA 139 and 299 including at Cedar Pass.
* WHEN… Through 4 PM PST Thursday. Snow amounts will be decreasing through the day.
* IMPACTS… Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact morning or evening travel.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties.