ODOT is warning drivers statewide that semi truck convoys could cause significant delays Thursday
Drivers can expect significant truck traffic on state highways on Thursday Feb. 6 when a rally is planned at the State Capitol Building. Convoys to Salem are being organized around the state.
Travelers on most area state highways should prepare for added congestion and delays during the morning and evening commutes. Drivers should check all routes using TripCheck.com and traffic cameras, consider alternate routes, leave extra travel time and plan for delays.
A similar rally last year included several hundred large trucks.
The highway routes that will likely be impacted include:
- Interstate 5 corridor.
- I-5 to Salem Parkway (OR 99E) to downtown Salem.
- S. 26 (from North Plains) to OR 217 in the Portland Metro area to I-5 to Salem.
- OR 6 to U.S. 26 to OR 217 to I-5 to Salem.
- S. 20 to OR 34 to I-5 to Salem.
- OR 22 from Rickreal to Salem.
- Interstate 84 east to I-82/I-84 Interchange to I-5 to Salem.
- S. 20 (from Bend) to OR 22 to Salem.
- S. 26 (from Prineville) to U.S. 97, to U.S. 20, to OR 22 to Salem.