BONANZA, Ore. – Firefighters continue to make progress, making significant gains in extending mop-up efforts from 50-150 feet into the fire’s perimeter.
Fiber optic service has been restored in Lake County. Some services that rely on internet, like the 911 call center, may remain offline until the internal hardware is rebooted to restore full functionality. Internet lines south of Kingfisher Road are in place, and service will be restored as the power lines destroyed in the fire perimeter are repaired.
With mop-up work well beyond structures, the Oregon State Fire Marshal (OSFM) will be demobilizing their remaining task forces and the Incident Management team tomorrow. OSFM would like to thank the community of Bonanza, cooperators, agency staff and firefighters for their hard work and unwavering support. The Oregon Department of Forestry Incident Management Team will continue working to increase containment and would like to thank OSFM for their partnership and efforts.
The Structural Damage Assessment has been updated as follows:
- Destroyed: 46 single residences and 69 outbuildings.
- Damaged: three single residences and four outbuildings.
Similar weather patterns are expected throughout the week, with fire behavior potentially changing to hotter temperatures, and winds at 15-25mph. Tonight favorable lower temperatures will assist mop-up efforts.
No change to evacuation orders as of July 25th at 4:40 p.m.:
- Level 3 (GO NOW)- all residence within a quarter mile around the fire perimeter and all areas inside the fire area. Evacuation is maintained along Hummingbird Drive and Sandpiper Drive.
- Level 2 (BE READY)- follows west of Bechdoldt Flat Rd, south of Racoon Lane and Jaguar Lane. It also extends east of the Golden Fire, approximately 3-4 miles to the powerline corridor.
- Level 1 (GET SET)-area now includes the west side of Hwy 140 to Golden Eagle Drive and north to Parrot Drive.
For the most current evacuation information, call the Klamath County hotline at 541-205-9730, and sign up for Klamath County alerts at http://alerts.klamathcounty.org. American Red Cross and Klamath County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) have established an evacuation shelter at Bonanza School, 31601 Mission Street, Bonanza, OR 97623.