As we previously reported on October 23rd. 2018 the free Klamath Alerts smartphone app was closed down. The app was disabled because of rising costs and some concerns about our old software provider not meeting app store requirements.
Since October 23rd, our instant breaking news alerts have been sent to our Patreon page. The Patreon platform has limited features, but it enabled us to provide an alert platform to interested subscribers while a newer platform with more features was built.
Today we are opening up our new platform and app to anyone interested. Our new breaking news platform is now available and can be accessed via a desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone. We rely on our subscriber base to do everything we are doing here.
The new app and news community is built on the subscription based Mighty Networks. This new network allows us to have an exclusive news community with modules that allow you to follow and receive alerts that interest you. The new platform also provides much requested features that people have asked us for since we launched.
- Select only the alerts you want by following alert groups that match your interest.
- Report an incident
- Chat with other members about breaking news events
- Share photos of incident scenes
- Earn ambassador status for referring new members
- $.99 cents per month OR $11.99 per year subscriptions (your choice)
- Free 3 day trial to see if you like it, or for new members you refer to try it.
- One click access to news blog
- Built in features to allow us to expand our offerings in the future.
- Video tutorials to help you learn how to use the new app and news community
- Access to premium content and special events
Push alerts for iOS or Android devices are available when you follow the alert groups and topics that interest you.
For more information, or to try a free three day subscription please visit the Klamath Alerts mobile app page here.
Klamath Alerts would like to send out a special thank you to all of our supporters. We have worked hard on this new service and hope that you will enjoy it.